Five Reasons to Hire Hair and Makeup Professionals
for your Wedding or Event
Today, we have makeup artist Whitney from Whitney Audra Makeup Artistry, sharing about why a pro is the best way to go when you want flawless hair and makeup for your special day!
Yes, I am a makeup artist. I’ve been in this industry for nearly twelve years, with multiple different forms of experience. Throughout my journey, the most common thing I’ve seen in the wedding industry is that hair & makeup services are often times skipped (eeek!). If you’ve been contemplating the thought of forgoing a beauty team, simply for the sake of saving some dough or because your trusty makeup-savvy BFF said help you out, please think again! I’m here to break down the ins-and-outs of why you need the pros. And hopefully in the end, you’ll reconsider.
Gypsy Jane Photography
1. Leave it to the experts. Beauty experts specialize in knowing how to apply products, when and where to apply them, and knowing which products (NOT) to use. They have a keen familiarity in skincare products and will provide you with a luxurious skin prep routine that will be perfect for your day. Makeup artists and hair stylists are familiar with brands, some you haven’t even heard of. They have first-hand access to top-of-the-line products. They possess a crazy amount of knowledge and wisdom, much of which was grasped having been in business for years.
2. You hired a professional photographer. Photo makeup is no joke, and it is not the same as everyday makeup...there’s a reason why photographers prefer that their clients have their makeup done. Not only do the correct products work well with the camera, they also make a photographer’s work come through accurately and remains true to their particular image style. Which brings me to the reason you hired them in the first place: you were drawn to that photographer’s style. In all of the images that caught your eye, I guarantee they had professional hair and makeup services done!
Kelcie Jean Photography
3. We double as timeline experts. We work closely & carefully with your wedding planner and photographer to make sure stress is taken away from you, not piled on. We all work together behind the scenes, to tweak and perfect your schedule so that the entire day goes as smoothly as possible. This allows you to kick back, grab the bubbly, visit with your girls, laugh a lot, and make tons of good memories. This is what the day is supposed to be like.
4. “I don’t like pampering”, said no one, ever. Even if you’re not the high maintenance type (raising my hand over here), everyone loves to be pampered. Am I right?! I know I’m right. Chances are, you just bobbed your head up and down reading this. Our wedding day is one that a lot of us have dreamt about for as long as we can remember. What better reason to kick back and let the experts take care of the hard stuff? Relax. Enjoy. Breathe. Have fun!
Gypsy Jane Photography
5. Gasp*, she’s gorgeous!! We have all been on the receiving end of the questions: “what did the bride look like?”, or “how’d she wear her hair?”. The most anticipated part of a wedding is what the bride will wear, and how she’ll have her hair & makeup. She’ll be talked about and remembered for years. Think back to the last three weddings you attended and I guarantee you can remember what each bride looked like, what dress she wore, how sparkly she was, and perfect her hair and makeup were. Now, not to dis on the groom at all (promise), but can you think of what the groom wore? How about anyone else in attendance? I know, me neither!
Marie Alexandria Photography
Finally, I’ll leave you with a little bit of encouragement. The overall minor investment in beauty services is worth it, I promise you won’t ever regret it. The day you get to sit down with your photorapher to do your image reveal, with one glance at your perfect wedding day look, you’ll be so happy you paid an expert to make you feel confident and beautiful; you deserve it!